Monday, October 6, 2008

Tick Tock

The clock is ticking......

Gold Coast Australia

I just received the official Team USA invite to participate in the 2009 Triathlon World Championships.....in Australia!!!  Yikes, so now Michael and I have to finally address the elephant (or T-Rex) that has been hanging around in our house for the last couple of weeks since Nationals.

There's the cost.  There's the distance.  There's the time - vacation time from work, possible time away from my cute kiddos.  Family?  Couples trip?  Girls trip with Sonja??? Oh, and did I mention the cost?  And, have you seen the markets lately?  

But, there's also the excitement of competing in....Worlds!!!!  I mean really, how cool would that be?  And exploring a place that I have ALWAYS wanted to see (I studied Australia in my international marketing class in business school).  Opportunity is knocking.  AHHHHHH!!!!  

So, the clock is ticking.  My deadline for accepting the spot is October 20......  

1 comment:

gosonja said...

Congratulations on the email! No email for me so far. Not really sure how it all works, whether I should assume I'm not in, or what.

You have some tough decisions to make!

Site Meter