Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spring?

I'm almost even afraid to say it out loud....spring.  It actually feels like spring these last two days.  The sun is out, the temperature is over 70 and there is a light breeze blowing.  I even got a bit of color on my arms!  In a nutshell, it is f****g beautiful.  My apologies for the fbomb in the middle of describing a perfect spring day but, well, when you've had the spring like we've had here in Colorado, you would understand.  

Spring was the absolute worst thing that could have EVAH happened to our winter.  Mild winter? Ummmm, yeah.  We were spoiled, at least those of us who had the opportunity to ride in the mountains in January.  And even more riding in February and into the beginning of March.  Absolutely great training weather.  And we never really got that cold.  But then spring hit.  And it snowed.  Lots.  And on the weekends.  And it got cold, just last week I was on a ride and decided that I have never been that cold before on a bike.  Absolutely miserable.  

But not yesterday and not today.  Yesterday I went for a ride with Beth in the morning, and we ditched our arm warmers and went sleeveless!!  We had a great ride too - working the rollers on route 105.  Our legs were barking at us at the end.  And today?  A lovely run at Chatfield that was almost.....hot.  Yep, spring is finally in the air.  But because I am from Colorado, I know to not be fooled.....another snow storm could hit.  And I certainly won't plant anything in the yard for another week.  And my arm warmers and gloves will continue to live in the back seat of my car at least for another month.  


Beth and me at the Rage

Ahhhhh, welcome spring!  And please please please stay for awhile! 

No comments:

Site Meter