Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gday part 2

Quick update from the Gold Coast!! Phew, it has been a whirlwind of a couple of days and here we are, less than 24 hours from race time! I am excited and only a wee-bit nervous. Last night we had the opening ceremonies with all the athletes from each country lining up and walking into the event lawn surrounded by friends and family. It was pretty surreal and so great to see all the different countries. Australia, as host nation, has almost 1000 athletes here. YIKES!!! Somoa has 1! Anyway, I am ready to race. I am ready to go. I really think this will be FUN....a flat and fast course. No wetsuits but a relatively cold temp of around 71 in the water. I'm pretty sure this will not be an uphill swim like Alabama.

Now I'm off for a quick massage and then brunch with Team USA. Bike check-in this afternoon, dinner with the family (they are at Sea World today), and a sleep-over with PIC Sonja at her hotel. My start time is 7:29am. I'll try to get another quickie post in sometime after the race.

Oh, and one thing I have forgotten to mention is that I LOVE Australia!! The people are wonderful and nice and I am really looking forward to exploring up the coast next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ROCK! All of you guys (and Gals) really ROCK!!!!
Kick Butt and I can't wait to hear all about it!

bcross1 said...

What just happened? I am not anonymous. I sent that first message----me----Barry.

Site Meter