Thursday, January 22, 2009

Is this really January?

Really, is it January?  In Colorado?  Not that I'm complaining or anything about 70 degree weather, it's just that my body is confused.  And my mind.  70 degrees?  January?  Those words don't usually go together here until maybe March.  So what did we do in January with 70 degree weather and relatively clear roads?  That's right, Princess (AKA Aloha Mahalo) was paroled from the trainer and went OUTSIDE.  A group of us (Sonja, Beth, Nicole, Steve, Andrea, Noell) went for an awesome January ride up Shadow Mountain.  Unbelievable.  All told, 5 hours of riding, 63 miles and only one encounter with a patch of ice.  Princess does not want to come back inside.  I have another ride scheduled for tomorrow but it looks like it will be snowing.  I do have a consolation prize....Robert Downey Jr.  No, he's not riding with me but will be on the TV as I watch Ironman.  I think Princess will be OK with that.  I know I am!  




2 comments:

goSonja said...

Oh Man! I am so bummed to miss it. Enjoy that BlueRay a little extra for me, K?

Michelle said...

I did, next week I have Hancock....when do you want to watch and ride!!!!

Site Meter