Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rage in the Sage Quick Report

We're in Vegas Baby!! And I haven't even gambled yet! Michael has.....he's up $150. It'll be a big night as long as I don't fall asleep. Here's the quick race report:

Lake Mead is gorgeous. And incredible cold. Yep, 56 degrees this morning, I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that I am a proud owner of a full sleeve wetsuit. Two caps and earplugs and I was ready to swim. The water was choppy and the current was very strong, that was the toughest open water swim I have encountered up to this point.

Bike was tough too! The recon yesterday didn't seem to do the actual course justice and I struggled a bit with sore/tired legs. I was passed by 3 women (maybe 4).

On to the run I felt pretty good and had quick turnover and just kind of went with the flow. i was passing guys all over the place and at the turnaround it looked like I had a solid hold on my place barring any disasters.

Finished up strong and am pleased with my performance. All of PC did great today and thanks to Michael and all of the cheering section!

I don't have any splits yet (except for the run at 47):

5th woman overall
2nd place age group

The kids are swimming in the pool now, and in a bit we're off to the strip to see Zumanity and fun fun fun:)

No comments:

Site Meter