Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kansas Bound

Tomorrow the second road-trip of the year begins....I'm heading off to Lawrence, Kansas!  I'll be hopping in the car with Michele, Anthony, and Barry.  And then on Sunday at 6:42am, I begin my 70.3 journey:  1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run.  Zowie!!  I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous but really my anxiety level right now is pretty low.  This is going to be a pretty cool experience and it looks like the pro field is stacking up.  Tim DeBoom (Hot) and Chrissie Wellington (Way Hot) are the top contenders and it'll be interesting if I see them out on the course.  My legs are coming back to me after the last week of training and should be raring to go on Sunday morning.  

If you're interested in keeping track of me, www.ironman.com has a live athlete tracker that shows swim/bike/run splits.  

After the race, the real fun begins!!  I fly back from Kansas Sunday night and then hop on another flight Monday morning.....off to Aloha land.  I am so happy that I will be able to witness my sister's wedding to her wonderful fiance John on Tuesday!  And I'm dragging the girls along with me.  Sadly, this was all pretty last minute and Michael won't be able to join us:(  It also means I will miss one of my favorite races - Loveland Lake to Lake - next weekend  but considering where I'll be instead, I'm gettin' over it!

I'll do my best to get a race report up ASAP but we'll see.....

1 comment:

RDH said...

Good luck at Kansas! You'll do great.

Site Meter